Sunday 9 August 2015

Warheads and the Looming Zombie Apocalypse

The zombies Are Coming!
The zombies are coming!
The zombies are coming!
AWESOME!
On This week’s episode of Reel Time I get zombie-fried.
It wasn’t what I was expecting.  My hands went bloodied and hung loosely out in front of the screen.  Interestingly I lost all interest in ‘seek and destroy’.  Perhaps because this game was about killing off zombies until you became one yourself – which happened in a nanosecond to my player (dumb player).
Up until a recent visit to the local hardware, I had thought Zombie Mania was age-related.  Boy was I proved wrong.
I entered the store with my son.  He went his way, I went mine.  ‘Hey, where are you going?’ I had the audacity to ask him.  Meanwhile a young male shop assistant was approaching.
I was deciding how best to explain to the assistant why I was there, without embarrassing either him or myself, when my son shouted from across the isles. ‘Where’s the zombie stuff?’
Without batting an eyelid, the assistant responded.  ‘Come with me.’
I stepped in his way.  After all, I was a ‘real’ shopper.  ‘Hey, hang on, he was just joking,’ I explained.
Passing by, the assistant smiled at me. He winked as he replied. ‘I’ll be quick.  I know where all the best zombie weapons are kept.  It’s why I work here.’
When he came back, I no longer had any problems explaining to this guy my requirements. ‘I want to make a giant pencil to go with my superhero outfit that I am having made.  I am my own superhero,’ I explained to his ensuing inquiry.  ‘I am the Writer of the Star Ways, no, really truly, I am, really.’
KEEPING WATCHING…







Jasmine Neutron Star is the first book of the Star Ways Chronicles.  It is a novel most suitable for young adult and teenager readers of speculative, fantasy / science fiction, urban fantasy.  It is a humorous account of Jasmine’s first adventure into the world of light – Quanta.  She is a spirem – a new kind of superhero – and perfect for the sphere of Terra.

No comments:

Post a Comment