Tuesday 2 June 2015

CROSSED PURPOSES

CROSSED PUPORSES – TAKE 1, AND ACTION

Introducing: The ‘LOM’



I ‘reel-ly’ was determined to make a significant contribution to the art of writing with this episode.  I had a purpose.  I always do.  But soon after feeding the cats, things begin to blur.

I procured crash test dummies for this week’s Reel Time – the Write Essentials.  Not everyone can relate to this experience.  And after viewing this snippet into my writing practices, you probably won’t ever want too.

I have no idea how the dummies ended up in my virtual shopping cart.  But after paying for them, with my virtual money, I had to have a useful purpose for them.  So, as is my way, I made one up.  However, two purposes don’t always make a ‘Write Essential’.  Cross purposes however, are very essential for an exciting plot.

The purpose of the crash test dummies, procured for your viewing pleasure, was to help illustrate the necessity for a purposeful plot.  Hence, I created a script in which my charming robotic (hmm) assistants could demonstrate the purpose of all characters, which is to keep the plot moving more-or-less in a purposeful direction.  Have I just stumbled on a metaphor for life, or what?

The brief to my (hmm) technical assistants (yes – you can talk to these dummies – in binary blimps), was for them to demonstrate this purpose.

Easier said then done.

It’s even harder with crash test dummies.  All of which brings me to: The LOM.

Please accept my gift to the universe.

LAUGHING OVER ME

Even better – do it with: A LOL!

Jasmine Neutron Star is the first book of the Star Ways Chronicles.  It is a novel most suitable for young adult and teenager readers of speculative, fantasy / science fiction, urban fantasy.  It is a humorous account of Jasmine’s first adventure into the world of light – Quanta.  She is a spirem – a new kind of superhero – and perfect for the sphere of Terra.


No comments:

Post a Comment