Wednesday 1 July 2015

MINDCRAFT - YER, I JUST DID

Mindcraft – yer, I just did.
Who said this would be easy - for me?


I have been researching:
Minecraft is a sandbox construction game created by Mojang AB founder Markus Persson, and inspired by the Infiniminer, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper games. Gameplay involves players interacting with the game world by placing and breaking various types of blocks in a three-dimensional environment. In this environment, players can build creative structures, creations, and artwork on multiplayer servers and singleplayer worlds across multiple game modes.
So now you know as much as I do.
Thanks, Uncle, for creating this youtube ‘how to’ for your four nephews and nieces – and me.  I now understand that I was supposed to:
build something.
I stumbled upon this useful tutorial after making a search:  ‘Minecraft for children’.  The only problem is that uncle does not tell me, how to move forward, how to pick up the axe after I have selected one, and what I do with the sheep when I catch it.
All in all, I enjoyed my romp around the Minecraft world (one of them).  Frustration after all, is an essential ingredient to learning jaunts.
Learning to understand your environment while sustaining your existence within it, build character and interrelationships, stand up to the monsters, not to mention that elusive hand-eye coordination all makes for some serious learning fun.
I enjoyed a nice accident during my researching.  At first I thought it was the busy people at Google having a go at me when I first spotted the word, ‘NOOB’.  How cute is this?
Jasmine Neutron Star is the first book of the Star Ways Chronicles.  It is a novel most suitable for young adult and teenager readers of speculative, fantasy / science fiction, urban fantasy.  It is a humorous account of Jasmine’s first adventure into the world of light – Quanta.  She is a spirem – a new kind of superhero – and perfect for the sphere of Terra.



No comments:

Post a Comment