Monday 23 March 2015

The Write Spot

The Write Essentials – The Write Spot

Have you found your write spot?  Before you spend valuable writing time tossing and turning in a spot that may not be the ‘right’ one for you, apply the following checklist to determine if you have found – it – the Write Spot.

S-mells right
P-lace for writing apparatus
O-ffers a view
T-riggers no distractions

Look at that, I have made up an acrostic poem.   I must be sitting in my ‘Write Spot.  As you have probably guessed, this week’s topic on Reel Time with A J McMarson, is about finding that elusive spot – the Write One.

Over the years I have become quite attached to my own, right, Write Spot.  Those I share my life with might even call me down right possessive about it.   I am willing to share, but there are rules.  As long as my spot is free when I want to use it, and nothing has been moved from where I have left it and no one has altered the balance of aromas, sunlight, breeze, noise level … A spot free right, Write Spot – is that so much to ask?

If you are struggling to find ‘it’, then don’t despair.  A permanent Write Spot is not essential.  In fact, most of my writing is done ‘on the spot’.  The image of the newspaper reporter with the pencil behind the ear and a Colombo coat full of spiral note pads is still applicable to the on-the- go writer.
On-the-go writers don’t need a special Write Spot, or, that even more elusive of luxuries, TIME.  It takes discipline and an eye for opportunities, but writing where, when and how you are removes the need for pining away for that Write Spot.


Jasmine Neutron Star is the first book of the Star Ways Chronicles.  It is a novel most suitable for young adult and teenager readers of speculative, fantasy / science fiction, urban fantasy.  It is a humorous account of Jasmine’s first adventure into the world of light – Quanta.  She is a spirem – a new kind of superhero – and perfect for the sphere of Terra.



Find out more about AJ McMarson and the StarWays Chronicles on her website:


or on her publishers page:


at Goodreads:




No comments:

Post a Comment